Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy 28 months! ...the Canadian way. I think.

Somehow parents at the park with their kids have this unwritten rule: Chatting about each others kids is totally normal. I'm a new Mom, so I'm still getting used to parents/random strangers striking up conversations.

Today we were playing on the playground, feeding the ducks, and watching the golfers putt when a Canadian dad asked me, "So, how many months is your son?" Um....Months?! I haven't kept track. I literally had to use my fingers to help me get to the answer. Is that a Canadian thing to do? To keep track of toddler months, ay?

Anyway, Happy 28 months, Calvin! We celebrated by feeding the GIANT fish in the lake (because the ducks were already full) and running around the playground in circles (up the stairs-->down the slide-->up the stairs-->down the slide). You loved it.



2 comments:

  1. what I want to know is, how did you know the dad was Canadian?
    jk
    but seriously I cannot believe Calvin is already so old! What a cute, fun, busy little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The Canadian dad and I were already chatting. His son was turning "24 months" in two weeks and his name was Cosby. I almost asked, "Oh! Like Bill Cosby!?!" But I refrained myself.

      I know...I seriously can't believe how quickly time has flown by. It's truly amazing. You're little one is certainly growing up fast, too!! He is so adorable.

      I love and miss you, Court!!! I hope all is well with you and your cute family.

      Delete