Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Calvin moments to remember.

Here are a few Calvin moments to remember from 2012-2013.


Trying meat for the first time.



Screaming every time the vacuum was on. The only thing that soothed him was holding him while I vacuumed.



Entertaining Calvin with juice, chocolate, and the movie Cars while strapping him down for a hair cut.



"Folding laundry."



"Putting the dishes away."



"Taking out the trash."



Hating the snow from the first moment he touched it (refused to wear gloves). It took him 15 minutes to get dressed. And he lasted less than 3 minutes outside.



...Then needing hot chocolate to recover from the cold.




Freaking out about the "people" with no heads.



Shopping overload.



Aching for a nap after church.


Cheering for Mom on the sidelines during her flag football game.



Climbing out of bed and getting stuck in the toy dresser when supposed to be sleeping.



Kneeling for family prayer.



Making funny faces during General Conference.



Making a first marker masterpiece. With lots of juice and goldfish breaks.



Climbing on Justin's scooter and saying, "vroom vrooooom!"



Trying to grab the ball from Grandpa Scott.




Gambling at the Las Vegas airport.



...and getting caught by security for being underaged.
  


Being a goofball at Megan's wedding.



Trying to clean his face while fighting five adults. (Cleaning Calvin's face is always a battle.)



Joining Mom to do laundry at the laundromat.



...it was a few blocks away. We looked ridiculous.



Climbing trees with Daddy.



Messing with Dad's glasses on his shoulders. (Every time!)



Helping Dad cook.



Helping Dad cook with a more hands-off approach.



Comforting Mom after her trip to the ER.






8 comments:

  1. 1. I love this.
    2. I can't believe you literally belted down his feet to cut his hair, and
    3. When/why did you go to the er??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thanks, my family is great (and I had no part in this post, so I'm impartial).
      2. The belt was over his thighs, but he wiggles.
      3. Brittney has been to the ER twice now since Cal was born. Both times were related to baby-parts.

      Delete
  2. Love this! You guys have such a great family! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved every.single.picture. What a fun little guy you have! In some things we can already relate, in other ways you have now given me an idea of what to expect with Carter. Oh the life of little boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Courtney! He is a fun little guy. He seriously makes me laugh at least once a day. I can't believe how active boys are compared to girls!! It sounds like Carter is similar to Calvin, active and curious! I wouldn't have it any other way. Boys are so fun.

      Delete
  4. Where the heck am I!!!!! I know I was there at some point in his life in those two years.
    Well I loved all those pictures anyways. They completely cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were definitely around! I'll find one of you and post it. :)

      Delete